Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wonderful ex's....

This term at school I have to take two night classes. One of the classes that I need is two hours away on another campus, but I have to take it if I want to graduate in time, so I'm making the commute. Conveniently, I was able to schedule both classes on nights that my son is supposed to be with his dad, so the evening classes shouldn't have been a problem.

However, in making my plans for school I made one dire mistake: I actually told my ex-husband that I was counting on him to take my son because I have class. Now I realize that a lot of father's would be happy to help out and take their son anyway, especially if the classes are on nights that they normally have the child. My son's dad, however, takes a different approach to these things. He decided to wait until the day of my class, right around the time I would be leaving to tell me he was too busy to pick our son up. That was last week. I ended up calling him on his bluff and he was "stuck" taking care of his son for two days (which he's whined about repeatedly since). Then he just tried the same thing again today. Fortunately I didn't have class this week, so it wasn't such a big deal.

Now I've found myself having to resort to elaborate plans to simultaneously give a babysitter sufficient notice while also not being in contempt of court by declining to give my son to him during his parenting time. Kind of annoying. Does shared custody really have to be so complicated?

No comments: