Monday, June 9, 2008

Never Let a Man Touch Your Computer...

I realize there are men in this world who know a lot about computers. Generally they have degrees and/or have jobs in the field. The rest of them don't really know a lot about computers but like to think that they do. The lesson I've learned over time is to never let the latter touch your computer, no matter what they claim they can do to it. These men are full of delusions that they will re-configure your entire system so that it acts like a brand new machine, however, that is seldom the case.

The man I was dating some months back had just such delusions. My computer's a little old and a little slow. He convinced me that I should let him delete Microsoft Office (of all things) to put a program with less memory in, swearing all the while that I would be able to do all of the things I need to do on it. Ha ha ha ha ha! With age comes wisdom and I now know not to believe that again. The new program I use has all of two Power Point templates! Ooooh! Aaaah! And I can even change the color if I need to! There's a big plus.

So out of total frustration I did my Power Point on a school computer, thinking that the program I had at home would at least be able to read it and I could edit it later. Nope. Now Microsoft Office is deleted and I would actually have to pay if I wanted it installed again. Kind of frustrating. So my advice to women everywhere lies in the title of this entry. The truth is a lot of times we know just as much about computers as the guys do, and we are better off taking managing our systems ourselves.

No comments: